The Inaugural 2020 Action on Camera Film Festival – ACFF – is an exciting new festival created to recognize and promote short films and videos that incorporate action.
Whether your Short or Micro Short Film incorporates an awesome action scene – or is all action, all the time – this festival is for you! If you produced a professional video to showcase your work as a stunt professional, action actor, stunt coordinator, director, or producer, this festival is for you.
Your work will be reviewed by experienced professionals from the world of action and film. You’ll view innovations created by fellow artists. We will connect you with action creators from around the world allowing you to share ideas, ask questions, and find ready access to the practical information you need to create compelling action in your stories.
Successful action in produced work is an art and a science. It takes forethought, practice, and rigorous attention to safety. Our festival intends to find and connect a talented network of artists who create according to this credo and support them with information and opportunity in the worlds of film, television and streaming.
* Celebrate the art of filmmaking
* Support diversity in the world of filmmaking
* Showcase the works of emerging and independent filmmakers and performers, offering visibility and support
* Share information and ideas
The festival will have 2 categories.
1 – Action Short Film – Storyline films with at least one action sequence.
Micro Action Short Films
- Films that have a runtime of 8 minutes or less.
- $5 submission fee.
Standard Action Short Films
- Films that have a runtime of 20 minutes or less.
- $10 submission fee.
2 – Action Sequence Video – Produced action sequence videos showcasing, driving, martial arts, sword-fighting, skateboarding and any other variety of action and stunt performances.
- Videos that have a runtime of 8 minutes or less.
- $5 submission fee.
*** The Action On Camera Film Festival is NOT for prank or accident or daredevil footage of any kind.
***The Action On Camera Film Festival will not accept action videos where there is obviously no concern for safety.
***Produced short films and videos will only be accepted knowing all safety and stunt concerns were met.
***Videos displaying reckless regard for the safety and security of the actors and performers will be disqualified and they will forfeit their submission fee(s).
Festival Judging and Awards
The Inaugural 2020 Action On Camera Film Festival has invited the following independent filmmakers and stunt professionals.
- Gary Davis – Veteran Stunt Coordinator and Action Director of numerous films including Terminator 2, Patriot Games and The Lost Boys. He also doubled Evel Knievel.
- Carl Ciarfalio – Experienced Action Actor and Stunt Performer in television and film including Far and Away, Casino, Against All Odds. He is also known for getting beat up by Chuck Norris a lot.
- Geoff Ryan – Award Winning Independent Filmmaker. His films include Fray and the upcoming feature Blood From Stone. He is also an accomplished animator.
- Jennifer Elizabeth – Versatile Actress, Producer and Professional Mermaid. Jennifer’s first film was with the legendary George Romero where she performed her first stunt at 6 months old.
- Crystal Michelle – Accomplished actress and stunt woman with recent credits including Avengers: End Game, Us and Black Panther. She is also the designer and producer for the clothing line Axtionwear.
- Marina Rice Bader – Award Winning Filmmaker including the film A Perfect Ending. She is currently in development for her latest film Aubrey Goes Down.
- Michael Caradonna – Festival Director and Producer with many years of experience behind, and in front of, the camera. He was the first to get eaten in Sharknado.
Awards for the Action Short Film Category will include:
- Best Action Short Film
- Best Micro Action Short Film
- Best Action Performer(s)
Awards for the Action Sequence Videos will include:
- Best Video
- Most Creative Action/Stunt Video
No Monetary Awards are given at this time. As the festival grows, plan is to reach out to sponsors for physical and monetary awards.
Screening Accepted and Nominated Films and Videos
Festival will screen award winning short films online. As the festival grows, plan is to screen films and videos in a screening room or theater in Los Angeles, or other major city.
Payments and Fees
Action On Camera Film Festival proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests.